WESTMINSTER, Calif. – A woman was convicted of violating a protective order by facilitating communication between a child rape victim and the perpetrator.
|Jessica Lee Pearles, 37, Garden Grove||Pleaded guilty on May 5, 2017, to
Circumstances of the Case
- Between April 29, 2016, and Nov. 22, 2016, Pearles facilitated phone contact between 9-year-old family member Jane Doe and a man in Orange County Central Men's Jail.
- The man was charged in a separate case with raping Jane Doe multiple times in 2014.
- Any and all contact between the victim and the man violated a protective order prohibiting communication with the victim.
- Pearles spoke to the man on a recorded line about the stay-away order and willfully violated it by allowing his conversations with Jane Doe.
- The Garden Grove Police Department investigated this case and arrested Pearles on Feb. 10, 2017, at her workplace.
The Orange County District Attorney's Office is committed to protecting victims, especially vulnerable children, from being taken advantage of by the people they trust.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Jeffrey Kirk, Special Prosecutions Unit
Orange County District Attorney / Case # 17WM01500 / May 08, 2017
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment