SANTA ANA, Calif. – A United States Marine is scheduled to be arraigned today for the shooting-murder of his estranged wife in Laguna Hills.
|Defendant||Charges||Maximum Sentence||Court Date|
|Jerel Mark Boykins, 26, North Carolina||Charged today with:
|50 years to life in state prison||Arraignment
Sept. 18, 2017, time to be determined
Department CJ-1, Central Jail, Santa Ana
Circumstances of the Case
- Prior to the murder, 23-year-old Yahaira Boykins separated from her husband, defendant Jerel Boykins.
- On Sept. 14, 2017, at approximately 1:30 p.m., Jerel Boykins is accused of going to Yahaira Boykins' home in Laguna Hills and shooting the victim multiple times with his personal firearm at close range.
- The defendant is accused of fleeing the scene and driving to Camp Pendleton.
- At approximately 2:20 p.m., Marine personnel detained Jerel Boykins and called the Orange County Sheriff's Department (OCSD), who investigated this case and arrested the defendant.
- OCSD located the victim in her bedroom, and she was pronounced dead at the scene as a result of multiple gunshot wounds.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Steve McGreevy, Homicide Unit.
Orange County District Attorney / Case # 17HF1251 / September 18, 2017
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment