SANTA ANA – Two men were arraigned today for robbing and burglarizing a residence in Seal Beach while the victims were home.
|Defendant||Charges||Maximum Sentence||Court Date|
|Aaron Michael Lipsey, 34, Costa Mesa
Richard Henry Derderian, 33, Costa Mesa
|Charged on Aug. 31, 2017, with the following felony counts:
||11 years, eight months in state prison||Pre-trial hearing
Sept. 12, 2017, 8:30 a.m.
Department W-2, West Justice Center, Westminster
Circumstances of the Case
- On Aug. 21, 2017, Lipsey and Derderian are accused of entering a residence in the city of Seal Beach while three victims were inside the home.
- The defendants are further accused of ransacking the residence, removing a safe belonging to one of the victims, and robbing each occupant of the home.
- Before fleeing the scene, the defendants are accused of threatening to harm the victims if they called the police.
- At approximately 4:30 p.m., officers from Seal Beach Police Department (SBPD) arrived to the scene and began investigating this case.
- SBPD arrested the defendants on Aug. 30, 2017.
Senior Deputy District Attorney Jason Baez of the Special Prosecutions Unit is prosecuting this case.
Orange County District Attorney / Case # 17WF1844 / September 1, 2017