Close X

Sex Crime Registration Chart

Posted by Fay Arfa | Jul 18, 2023 | 0 Comments

290 Registration Relief Chart
Starting July 1, 2021, adults convicted of certain sex crimes may file a petition to be removed from the sex registry. Depending on the Penal Code under which
the person was convicted, the petition can be filed after being on the registry for at least 10 or 20 years.

Registry Petitions can be filed after 10 YEARS on the registry for these convictions:
• PC 243.4 (misdemeanor only) • PC 311.11 (misdemeanor only) • PC 288a(b), (e), (j), (k) • PC 286(b), (e), (j), (k) • PC 243.4(b) (misdemeanor or felony) • PC 314(1), (2) • PC 289(c), (f), (g), (h), (I) • PC 287(b), (e), (j), (k) • PC 266 • PC 647.6 (1st Conviction) • PC 311.1 (misdemeanor only) • PC 266c • All discretionary registration under PC 290.006

Registry Petitions can be filed after 20 YEARS on the registry for these convictions:
• PC 261(a)(1), (a)(5), (a)(6), (a)(7) • PC 289(a)(2), (b) • PC 288(a) • PC 287 (c)(1), (c)(3), (g), (h) * • PC 288a(c)(1), (c)(3), (g), (h) * • PC 647.6 (2d Conviction) • PC 286(c)(1), (c)(3), (g), (h) * In 2019 PC 288a was renumbered PC 287 (All subsections are the same)

Adult convictions not listed in Tier 1 or Tier 2 still require LIFETIME registration. If you have questions or need more information,

Please contact Attorney Fay Arfa (310) 841-6805.

About the Author

Fay Arfa

Fay Arfa has the distinction of being Certified as a Specialist in two separate areas of law – Criminal Law as well as Appellate Law – by the California State Bar, Board of Specialization. The National Board of Trial Advocacy has also awarded her a board Certification in Criminal Trial Advocacy. ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Board Certifications

Contact Us Today

Fay Arfa is committed to answering your questions about Trials, Appeals, Habeas Corpus, State Crimes, Federal Crimes, and Sex Crimes law issues in California.

We offer a free telephone consultation and we'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.