SANTA ANA, Calif. – A protestor from Sacramento was charged yesterday for punching a man in the face and slapping another twice at a “Make America Great Again” (MAGA) march.
|Defendant||Charges||Maximum Sentence||Court Date|
|Jessica Aguilar, 20, Sacramento||Charged on June 1, 2017, with two misdemeanor counts of:
||One year in county jail||Arraignment
June 20, 2017, 8:30 a.m.
Department W-1, West Justice Court, Westminster
Circumstances of the Case:
- On March 25, 2017, approximately 2,000 individuals gathered at Bolsa Chica State Beach for a MAGA march.
- Aguilar is accused of attending the march as a protestor and punching John Doe 1 in the face.
- The defendant is also accused of slapping John Doe 2 in the face twice.
- California State Parks officers were onsite to keep the peace at the event and arrested Aguilar.
- Four additional filing requests were submitted to the Orange County District Attorney's Office (OCDA) in relation to the same march. Those cases were rejected because the OCDA could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt as to who started the physical altercation.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Brett Brian, Special Prosecutions Unit.
Orange County District Attorney / Case # TBD / June 02, 2017