SANTA ANA, Calif. – A pregnant mother of four is scheduled to be arraigned today and faces 26 years to life in prison for torturing 15-month-old twins in her care, resulting in multiple bone fractures and bleeding in the brain.
|Defendant||Charges||Maximum Sentence||Court Date|
|Sacil Siglaly Lucero, 26, Santa Ana||Charged today with the following felony counts:
|26 years to life in state prison||Arraignment
Dec. 19, 2017, time to be determined
Department CJ-1, Central Jail, Santa Ana
Bail: $1 million
Circumstances of the Case
- Between Nov. 1, 2017, and Dec. 16, 2017, Lucero is accused of torturing and abusing twin 15-month-old children in her care, Jane Doe and John Doe, which caused severe injuries including skull fractures, rib fractures, and bruising.
- On Dec. 16, 2017, at approximately 8:00 p.m., Lucero is accused of slamming Jane Doe's head into a metal bed frame until she became unresponsive.
- The defendant is accused of asking a friend to take Jane Doe to receive treatment. The friend drove the victim to a local hospital, and medical staff contacted the Santa Ana Police Department (SAPD).
- SAPD investigated this case and discovered John Doe recently sustained injuries including skull and rib fractures. SAPD took him to a local children's hospital to receive treatment. Two older children in her care and the defendant's unborn baby appeared unharmed.
- Jane Doe suffered from a brain bleed and partial paralysis, and is currently in critical condition.
- On Dec. 17, 2017, at approximately 6:30 a.m., Lucero was arrested by SAPD.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Terry Cleaveland, Family Protection Unit
Orange County District Attorney / Case # 17CF3201 / December 19, 2017
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment