SANTA ANA, Calif. – The Orange County District Attorney's Office (OCDA) is seeking potential additional victims of a doctor accused of inappropriately touching a female patient during a fraudulent breast examination.
|Defendant||Charges||Maximum Sentence||Court Date|
|David Duncan House, 59, Tustin||Charged in an amended complaint today with the following counts:
|Four years in state prison
Mandatory sex offender registration pursuant to PC 290
Aug. 8, 2018, 9:00 a.m.
Department H-7, Harbor Justice Center, Newport Beach
Circumstances of the Case
- At the time of the crimes, House was a practicing physician in Mission Viejo specializing in family medicine.
- On Aug. 23, 2016, House is accused of conducting a medical examination on Jane Doe for a skin allergy.
- During the appointment, the defendant is accused of touching a female patient inappropriately in several body areas, including conducting a fraudulent breast examination by reaching under her dress and groping the victim without any medical justification.
- Jane Doe reported the assault to the Medical Board's Central Complaint Unit (CCU)
- This case was investigated by the Department of Consumer Affairs at the request of the Medical Board and referred to the OCDA for criminal prosecution.
- On May 18, 2018, a judge granted an order prohibiting House from seeing any female patients without a third-party chaperone for the duration of the criminal proceedings. The order was requested by the Attorney General's Office on behalf of the Medical Board of California.
- The order restricting House's practice can be read here.
Anyone with additional information or who believes they may have been a victim is encouraged to contact Supervising Investigator Stan Berry of the Special Prosecutions Unit at (714) 664-3964.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Devin Campbell, Special Prosecutions Unit
Orange County District Attorney / Case #18HF1044 / July 25, 2018