SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man is scheduled to be arraigned tomorrow for murdering his childhood best friend.
|Defendant||Charges||Maximum Sentence||Court Date|
|Augustine Brady Godoy, 30, Salinas||
|26 years to life in state prison||Arraignment
Bail: $1 million
Circumstances of the Case
- At the time of the crime, Godoy was living with Kamal Malouf and Malouf's parents in their Anaheim home.
- On July 14, 2015, the defendant is accused of having a verbal disagreement over the phone with the victim, who was at work.
- When Malouf returned home, Godoy is accused of beating him to death and stabbing him in the head with a knife, then calling 911.
- When Anaheim Police Department (APD) officers arrived at the scene, the victim was found dead as a result of blunt force trauma to the head.
- Godoy is accused of being found in a nearby bedroom in the home.
APD investigated this case and arrested Godoy on April 6, 2017.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Steve McGreevy, Homicide Unit
Orange County District Attorney /Case # 17NF0979 / April 27, 2017