SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was sentenced yesterday to seven years and eight months in state prison for trafficking, pimping, and pandering two 15-year-old Fresno girls in Orange County.
|Kenneth Afrane Glenn Maxwell, 20, Fresno||Pleaded guilty on July 26, 2017, to the following felony counts:
||Seven years and eight months in state prison (court offer)|
Circumstances of the Case
Maxwell is a human trafficker/pimp who exploits women and/or children for financial gain. Pimps often establish rigid rules that their victims are expected to follow including requiring victims to speak only when spoken to, address the pimp as “Sir” or “Daddy,” assigning seats in the car based on “rank,” and setting daily quotas that the victims are expected to fulfill. The victims are often required to turn over all payment they receive for sex acts from sex purchasers to their pimp. Failure to follow these rules can result in physical and/or emotional abuse.
- In March 2016, Maxwell met 15-year-old Jane Doe 1 on a social media networking site.
- Prior to July 15, 2016, Maxwell drove Jane Doe 1 from Fresno to areas in Orange County known for human trafficking and commercial sex.
- The defendant kept all of the money the victim received from sex purchasers for himself, and assaulted Jane Doe 1 when he felt she did not earn enough money.
- On July 16, 2016, the victim called 911 for help.
- Members of the Orange County Human Trafficking Task Force (OCHTTF) responded to her location in Santa Ana and arranged transport back to her family in Fresno.
- While in Fresno on July 28, 2016, Maxwell told Jane Doe 1 and 15-year-old Jane Doe 2 that he wanted to take them on vacation to Los Angeles.
- The defendant drove the victims through Los Angeles to Orange County to force the victims to solicit commercial sex for his benefit.
- Maxwell got into an argument with the victims, drove back to Fresno, and left them in Orange County.
- On July 29, 2016, members of the OCHTTF located Jane Doe 1 and Jane Doe 2 on Harbor Boulevard in Santa Ana.
- On July 31, 2016, Maxwell was arrested in Fresno, and on Aug. 2, 2016, he was transported to Orange County Jail.
Members of OCHTTF and the Orange County District Attorney's (OCDA) Office work proactively to protect women and minors from falling victim to commercial sexual exploitation. This case was investigated by OCHTTF, a partnership between Anaheim Police Department, California Highway Patrol, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Costa Mesa Police Department, Irvine Police Department, Newport Beach Police Department, OCDA, Orange County Sheriff's Department, Santa Ana Police Department, and community and non-profit partners.
Deputy District Attorney Daniel Varon of the HEAT Unit prosecuted this case.
Orange County District Attorney / Case # 16CF2020 / July 27, 2017