SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was sentenced today to 60 years to life in state prison for sexually assaulting three girls under the age of 14 he met through church.
|Jose Luis Aguilera, 42, Santa Ana||Found guilty by a jury on April 28, 2017, of:
|60 years to life in state prison|
Circumstances of the Case
- At the time of the crime, Aguilera was a member of the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Santa Ana.
- The defendant befriended the victims' families, who attended the church, and gained their trust.
- Between Oct. 12, 2012, and Sept. 8, 2015, Aguilera sexually assaulted three victims under the age of 14.
- The defendant committed lewd acts on the victims, including touching victims' genitals and kissing the victims.
- One of the victims reported the crime to a relative, who contacted SAPD.
- SAPD investigated this case and arrested the defendant on Sept. 4, 2015.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Heather Brown, Sexual Assault Unit.
Orange County District Attorney /Case # 15CF2004 / May 19, 2017