SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was convicted and sentenced to 12 years in state prison yesterday for sexually assaulting two women in Irvine parking structures.
|Gregory Thomas Ditto, 27, Temecula||Pleaded guilty on June 11, 2018, to the following felony counts:
Circumstances of the Case
- On July 20, 2016, Ditto approached Jane Doe 1 from behind, picked her up, and carried her toward a stairwell in an Irvine Spectrum parking structure.
- The victim fought off her attacker and Ditto fled the scene.
- Irvine Police Department (IPD) identified Ditto as a possible suspect based on surveillance footage of the parking structure.
- On Aug. 2, 2016, the defendant approached Jane Doe 2 in a separate parking structure at the Irvine Spectrum and forced the victim to the ground.
- Ditto restrained Jane Doe 2 while attempting to sexually assault the victim.
- The victim was able to break free and Ditto fled the scene.
- Jane Doe 2 noted and provided Ditto's license plate number to IPD detectives.
- Several hours after the second assault, Ditto was arrested by IPD detectives in Lake Elsinore.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Heidi Garrel, Sexual Assault Unit
Orange County District Attorney / Case # 16HF1052 / June 13, 2018