Close X

Lancaster Couple Charged with Attempting to Abandon Their Children

Posted by Fay Arfa | Dec 20, 2017 | 0 Comments

A father and mother in Lancaster have been charged with attempting to give their children away and being under the influence of drugs, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office announced today.

Vincent Paul Calogero (dob 1/12/79) and Sarah Elise Nilson (dob 9/8/85) each face two felony counts of attempt to abandon a child, two misdemeanor counts of child endangerment and one misdemeanor count of being under the influence of a central nervous system stimulant.

The couple pleaded not guilty to the charges yesterday. They are scheduled to return to court for a bail review hearing tomorrow in Department A01 of the Los Angeles County Superior Court, Antelope Valley Branch. Bail for case MA072809 is currently set at $40,000 for each defendant.

On Dec. 14, Calogero and Nilson allegedly offered their two boys, ages 1 and 2, to strangers, prosecutors said. Both defendants also are charged with keeping the children in unsafe conditions.

If convicted as charged, Calogero and Nison each face a possible maximum sentence of five years in jail.

The case remains under investigation by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Lancaster Station.

Los Angeles District Attorney / case MA072809 / December 19, 2017

About the Author

Fay Arfa

Fay Arfa has the distinction of being Certified as a Specialist in two separate areas of law – Criminal Law as well as Appellate Law – by the California State Bar, Board of Specialization. The National Board of Trial Advocacy has also awarded her a board Certification in Criminal Trial Advocacy. ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Board Certifications

Contact Us Today

Fay Arfa is committed to answering your questions about Trials, Appeals, Habeas Corpus, State Crimes, Federal Crimes, and Sex Crimes law issues in California.

We offer a free telephone consultation and we'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.