SANTA ANA, Calif. – The former security manager of American Junkie bar and nightclub was charged today with furnishing drugs to club patrons, causing multiple overdoses.
|Defendant||Charges||Maximum Sentence||Court Date|
|Sean Robert McLaughlin, 43, Aliso Viejo||Charged today with:
|16 years in state prison||Arraignment
Circumstances of the Case
- At the time of the crime, McLaughlin was employed as the security manager for a nightclub in Newport Beach.
- On Sept. 18, 2016, the defendant is accused of holding a woman against her will inside his office at the nightclub and supplying her with ecstasy.
- Prior to Nov. 18, 2016, the defendant is further accused of furnishing cocaine laced with fentanyl to four club patrons.
- At approximately 1:05 a.m on Nov. 18, 2016, the Newport Beach Fire Department and Newport Beach Police Department (NBPD) responded to a call for medical aid for multiple victims at a business in the 2400 block of Newport Boulevard.
- Four victims were transported to local hospitals, where one man later died.
- On Dec. 8, 2017, NBPD, who investigated this case, arrested the defendant.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Robert Mestman, Felony Panel
Orange County District Attorney / Case # 17HF1409 / December 8, 2017