|Raul Marin Martin, 59, Santa Ana||Found guilty by a jury today of:
|21 years in state prison||Sentencing
April 27, 2018, 1:30 p.m.
Department W-9, West Justice Center, Westminster
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A felon was convicted yesterday of sexually assaulting an 8-year-old girl,who was waiting on a curb in line for Christmas presents at her elementary school.
Circumstances of the Case
- On Sept. 13, 2014, Martin digitally penetrated and fondled the breasts of an unconscious 29-year-old woman near Garden Grove Boulevard and Fairview Street in the city of Garden Grove. Witnesses contacted the Garden Grove Police Department, who investigated this case (#14WF3488) and arrested the defendant. On Nov. 12, 2015, Martin pleaded guilty to one felony count each of sexual penetration by a foreign object of an unconscious victim and assault with the intent to commit a sexual offense, and one misdemeanor count of sexual battery. He was sentenced to five years of formal probation and one year in jail, but had credit for time served and was released from custody.
- On Dec. 12, 2015, 8-year-old Jane Doe and her sibling were dropped off by their mother at the curb of the David Elementary School in Santa Ana to attend a toy giveaway.
- While their mother looked for a parking space, Jane Doe and her sibling got in a line which had formed on the curb, to wait for Christmas presents. Martin approached the victim and sexually assaulted her by inappropriately touching her.
- A witness approached the defendant and confirmed that Martin was not related to the victim. The witness then waited with the victim and her sibling for their mother to arrive.
- The witness and the victim's mother reported the crime to the Santa Ana Police Department, who investigated this case and arrested the defendant at the scene.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Kristin Bracic, Sexual Assault Unit
Orange County District Attorney / Case # 15CF2779/ March 16, 2018
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment