Best Defender Bytes:

December 18, 2014

Felon Pleads Not Guilty to Glendora Murders

Filed under: California Defense Attorney — fayarfa @ 12:03 am

A Glendora man accused of fatally stabbing two homeless men pleaded not guilty yesterday, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced.

Drew Alan Friis (dob 3/25/85) has been charged with two counts of murder in case KA102843. The charging document includes a special circumstance allegation of multiple murders, as well as a special allegation of personal use of a deadly weapon, a knife.

Additionally, the felony complaint alleges that Friis was previously convicted of arson of property and grand theft of an automobile in 2010.

Deputy District Attorney Duke Chau, who is prosecuting the case, said on Aug. 15, 2013, Friis killed two homeless men, John Anthony Welch and Warren Jay Blagrave, both 52 years old.

The defendant was arrested in connection with the assault the same day of the incident and held without bail.

Friis is scheduled to return to court on Feb. 20 for a preliminary hearing at the Los Angeles County Superior Court in Pomona, Department N.

If convicted as charged, Friis faces a sentence of death or life in state prison without the possibility of parole.

The case is being investigated by the Glendora Police Department and the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Los Angeles County District Attorney / case KA102843 / December 17, 2014

14 Comments »

1. This is the kinda post I was searching for. Sometimes I can’t find what I’m looking for from Bing but it seems this time it worked for me! Thanks for your help.

Comment by michael kukulka — November 4, 2015 @ 1:48 pm

2. Your post really helped me figure out life, if it weren’t for your site I’d probably still be stuck in search engine world looking for all sorts of information. You know?

Comment by Erna Hulsman — November 12, 2015 @ 12:48 am

3. We are a successful software design and development company specializing in creating e-commerce Websites, iPhone, Android, and windows 8 applications, facebook applications, Internet marketing (SEO/SEM/SMO and PPC campaigns)

Comment by Investment Rarities — November 16, 2015 @ 2:32 pm

4. Life can be tough at times, you put in the hours of work and only end up with blank stares. You know what I mean? That’s the time posts like this keep me motivated.

Comment by enrich financial — November 18, 2015 @ 7:22 pm

5. I

Comment by nrg heating and air conditioning — November 23, 2015 @ 1:54 am

6. Great post! We’re a successful software design and development company specializing in creating e-commerce Websites, iPhone, Android, and windows 8 applications, facebook applications, Internet marketing (SEO/SEM/SMO and PPC campaigns)

Comment by elen's kids — November 24, 2015 @ 10:38 pm

7. Get to know your friends and family members better though this type of entertainment, it’s guaranteed to make you think twice.

Comment by lilac shade — December 3, 2015 @ 8:04 pm

8. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Outstanding blog and fantastic design.

Comment by the logo boutique — December 13, 2015 @ 7:25 am

9. So I was stuck at my wits on what to look for and was just about to give up entirely when I came across your post. I really hope the best for you in business.

Comment by scottsdale recovery center — December 13, 2015 @ 7:32 am

10. Thanks for that, I really appreciate the help. We have 20+ years’ experience in the IT industry especially in e-commerce and Marketing and this will help tremendously.

Comment by med loan finance — December 19, 2015 @ 7:48 pm

11. We have 20+ years’ experience in the IT industry especially eCommerce. We believe in building long-term relationships and making certain that our clients succeed in all their goals because their success is our success.

Comment by starscapes — December 19, 2015 @ 7:58 pm

12. I was hoping that once it hit zero that this thread would just self implode but I guess that’s just wisful thinking. Maybe next time.

Comment by American Standard Online — December 22, 2015 @ 5:28 pm

13. Get to know your friends and family members better though this type of entertainment, it’s guaranteed to make you think twice.

Comment by Michael Mell — December 24, 2015 @ 6:34 pm

14. I would say that longevity is all about a state of mind. While diet and health can aid in this I think it’s the mindset. It all boils down to making them think that they are still an asset.

Comment by omri shafran — December 28, 2015 @ 4:46 am