Best Defender Bytes:

September 27, 2013

Filed under: Federal Crimes Defense Attorney — fayarfa @ 12:35 am

LOS ANGELES – A San Fernando Valley chiropractor, who was the second highest Medicare biller in California for chiropractic services, pled guilty yesterday to healthcare fraud in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1347.

Between 2005 and 2012, Houshang Pavehzadeh aka “Danny Paveh” (41), owner of Sylmar Physician Medical Group, Inc. – a storefront chiropractic clinic located in a strip mall – defrauded Medicare by billing for patients he never treated.

The eleven count indictment alleges that Pavehzadeh submitted over $1.7 million in false and fraudulent claims to Medicare and was paid a little over $1 million on these claims. As part of his guilty plea, Pavehzadeh admitted that, in an effort to conceal his fraud from Medicare auditors, he staged an early-morning car jacking outside his office and falsely reported to the Los Angeles Police Department that his patient files had been stolen.

“Those persons who seek to bilk the Medicare Program impact both our health care delivery system and the American consumer,” said United States Attorney André Birotte Jr. “Here, the defendant not only tried to bilk the system to the tune of more than $1.7 million, he also had the audacity to try and conceal his criminal activity by filing a bogus police report with the LAPD.”

“Health care fraud in and of itself is a serious offense. Not content to stop there, however, Mr. Pavehzadeh sought to conceal that crime by committing yet another— filing a false police report,” said Glenn R. Ferry, Special Agent in Charge for the Los Angeles Region of the Office of Inspector General for the Department of Health of Human Services. “Those intent on breaking these laws should know that through the work of our special agents and auditors, OIG remains committed to seeking justice.”

Pavehzadeh faces a maximum sentence of ten years imprisonment, a fine of $250,000 and three years of supervised release. United States District Judge Manuel L. Real is scheduled to sentence defendant on January 14, 2014.

CONTACT: Assistant United States Attorney Grant Gelberg

Major Frauds Section (213) 894-2872

United States Attorney Central District of California / Release No. 13-119 / September 25, 2013

13 Comments »

1. Thanks for some other magnificent article. Where else could anybody get that
    kind of info in such a perfect means of writing? I have a presentation next
    week, and I am at the search for such info.

Comment by affiliate marketing tops — October 20, 2014 @ 10:45 pm

2. It’s remarkable to pay a visit this site and reading the views
    of all mates regarding this piece of writing, while I am also keen of getting knowledge.

Comment by 20 20 Success Stories — December 11, 2014 @ 4:11 am

3. excellent issues altogether, you simply received a new reader.
    What may you suggest in regards to your put up that
    you made a few days ago? Any certain?

Comment by 2020 Tax Resolution News — December 12, 2014 @ 6:42 pm

4. I am not saying your content is not solid|I mean, I don’t wish to tell you how to run your website, however suppose you added a post title that makes people desire more? I mean BLOG_TITLE is a little vanilla. You might peek at Yahoo’s front page and watch how they create post titles to get viewers interested. You might add a video or a related pic or two to grab people excited about what you’ve written. Just my opinion, it could make your posts a little livelier.

Comment by Mark Curio — December 16, 2014 @ 5:20 pm

5. I just like the valuable info you provide for your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your weblog and take a look at again right here frequently.
    I am slightly certain I’ll learn many new stuff right right here!
    Best of luck for the following!

my homepage Sas Zombie Assault 4 Hack

Comment by Sas Zombie Assault 4 Hack — December 30, 2014 @ 4:08 am

6. ルドAKF-EL489N-

Comment by ヨコハマタイヤジオランダー≫【RCP】 — July 15, 2015 @ 2:58 pm

7. マキシム 38FA

Comment by ラ TV-3C【送料無料】【RCP】 — July 15, 2015 @ 2:58 pm

8. ュチェスト押入れタンスナ

Comment by ポステB-2RD壁 — July 15, 2015 @ 2:58 pm

9. Thank you for this, I was about to give up on my search when I came across this information. The other guides I found weren’t nearly as helpful as yours.

Comment by Kecia Longsworth — November 12, 2015 @ 12:12 am

10. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Outstanding blog and fantastic design.

Comment by Investment Rarities — December 7, 2015 @ 3:40 pm

11. Hello as well welcome. My name is Charmain Bromley and My wife and i totally fondness this phone. To cook with the of our things Post love a good number. Distributing production will be the his to begin with income is obtained from. Some time ago I chose to reside Michigan however need heading for my children.

Comment by Walter Pigg north myrtle beach — January 6, 2016 @ 5:58 pm

12. Miquel is considered the call he loves to just be called in and the guy loves this tool. Filing is what I run in day endeavor but inside the my girl and I am going to start all of our business. My friends point out that it’s unhealthy for me except what I love doing is always to read math comic strips and appropriate now I adequate to start new difficulties. West Virginia exactly where I’ve always been living and furthermore my domestic loves it.

Comment by agam berry — January 12, 2016 @ 1:43 am

13. http://linkasa.com/XF9...

SECOND HIGHEST CHIROPRACTIC MEDICARE BILLER IN CALIFORNIA PLEADS GUILTY TO HEALTH CARE FRAUD « Best Defender Bytes:…

Trackback by http://linkasa.com/XF9 — January 26, 2016 @ 8:50 am