Best Defender Bytes:

December 20, 2011

Man Sentenced to Life in Former DJ Murder

Filed under: California Defense Attorney — Tags: , , — fayarfa @ 10:40 pm

LONG BEACH – A Montana man was sentenced today to life in prison without the possibility of parole for murdering a former Denver disc jockey whose body was discovered floating in the ocean off Santa Catalina Island in 2006.

Long Beach Superior Court Judge Mark Kim sentenced Harvey Morrow, 60, to serve an additional 25 years to life in prison for the first-degree murder of Steven Bailey Williams, said Deputy District Attorney John McKinney.

Morrow was convicted Nov. 9 of fatally shooting Williams, 59. The jury also found true the special circumstance of murder for financial gain.

McKinney said Williams, a disc jockey on the “Steven B. and The Hawk” morning show on the Denver radio station KBPI in the early 1980s, met Morrow in 2003. Morrow introduced himself as a retired investment banker and offered to set up investments for Williams to help manage a $2 million estate that Williams and his sister had inherited.

Shortly after they met, Morrow moved in with Williams in the Corona del Mar home owned by Williams’s father. Williams sold the home in January 2004 and turned over the $1.8 million to Morrow to invest. Morrow and Williams then moved to San Pedro and lived together in San Pedro until early 2006.

But Williams became suspicious that Morrow was stealing money from the accounts he set up and told friends he was going to confront Morrow. McKinney said Morrow spent $1.8 million in stolen money refurbishing his rundown yacht.

McKinney said cell phone and GPS records placed both men on Morrow’s yacht on May 4, 2006. He said Williams was shot once in the back of the head and his body was found floating six miles off Santa Catalina Island on May 18, 2006.

Morrow was later arrested working as a used car salesman in Great Falls, Mont.

10 Comments »

1. Our experienced Professionals hold industry certifications and have successfully repaired thousands of computers for end users, businesses and resellers.

Comment by michael kukulka — November 4, 2015 @ 1:28 pm

2. The ability to work from anywhere with an internet connection provides me with greater flexibility while traveling, whether it be to visit family, travel to watch my favorite sports on TV. I’m looking for this kind of flexibilty.

Comment by Quinn Spartz — November 12, 2015 @ 12:18 am

3. We have a very close relationship with all our clients and we set very clear objectives toward reaching their goal and providing the top leading services only in comparison to much larger higher priced boutiques at affordable rates.

Comment by Investment Rarities — November 16, 2015 @ 2:41 pm

4. I’m very thankful for this post, if it wasn’t for this post I’d probably still be looking on Google for what I was looking for. Much appreciation!

Comment by National Payment Solutions of New York LLC — November 30, 2015 @ 5:14 pm

5. We are the principal resource to numerous developers, marketing agencies, and sales teams for their client-centric development and marketing needs and posts like this really do help us out.

Comment by lilac shade — December 3, 2015 @ 7:22 pm

6. We are the principal resource to numerous developers, marketing agencies, and sales teams for their client-centric development and marketing needs and posts like this really do help us out.

Comment by Investment Rarities — December 7, 2015 @ 3:48 pm

7. So I was stuck at my wits on what to look for and was just about to give up entirely when I came across your post. I really hope the best for you in business.

Comment by thomas kish — January 3, 2016 @ 7:12 pm

8. Great post! We’re a successful software design and development company specializing in creating e-commerce Websites, iPhone, Android, and windows 8 applications, facebook applications, Internet marketing (SEO/SEM/SMO and PPC campaigns)

Comment by Investment Rarities — January 3, 2016 @ 7:20 pm

9. The publisher is marked as Angelia Gosselin. Office supervising is where her main income is derived from but she’s got already gotten another a particular one. Guam is where me together with my wife live simply now I’m considering other options. As a girl what I appreciate is camping and I will never halt doing it then.

Comment by Walter Pigg north myrtle beach — January 6, 2016 @ 6:17 pm

10. We are a successful software design and development company specializing in creating e-commerce Websites, iPhone, Android, and windows 8 applications, facebook applications, Internet marketing (SEO/SEM/SMO and PPC campaigns)

Comment by agam berry — January 12, 2016 @ 2:10 am